1/6/12

Do one thing just for you

Tell me if this sounds like you:
You wake up late for work. Hurry to work. Stay late because, well, we are young and have to put our time in. Come home. Pay the credit card. Run to the store for a birthday card/or more mascara/or "team snacks"/or milk or basically anything. Pretend that you are going to work out that night, but decide against it (typical). Call your mom. Turn on the TV. Pass out on the couch. Repeat.

Welcome to my life during a busy week. And aren't many weeks busy?

Once we grow up and get married and have kids I can only imagine (and as I have heard) that you have less "me" time. Less time to do what we really want to do. Or something that just makes us happy. I think it would be good to get in the habit now of finding something that I do JUST for me, and not for my parents or my friends or my coworkers.

I spend alot of time doing things for other people (that makes me happy) and I am sure most of us do. But shouldn't we make an effort to make time in our super busy lives for just ONE thing for "me"? The importance of having a "me" thing is not just for selfish reasons but mental sanity.

For me? It is writing this blog. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if no one really reads this post. It gives me a chance to get my thoughts out there and on paper and have a moment to do what I love to do (write). For you? It could be that step class that you love going to. Or getting your nails done. Or taking a bath. Figure out what it is and do it. (That's my challenge - accept it if you please).

3 comments:

  1. My me time is when I go to the gym...unfortunately, my life is so hectic, I can't get there like I need to. But I'm working on that

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first paragraph has me pegged! My "me" time is Saturday and Sunday mornings; waking up late, staying in bed even later and not calling anybody until I feel like they should include me in their plans for the day. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry, but the first thing I thought of when I saw the title of this post is that commercial from McDonald's with the coffee drinks "My 'me moment'." Or something like that.

    Regardless, this is still a good post, and I'm going to +1 it on the googles. :-)

    ReplyDelete