7/13/11

Change is a good thing

Coffee in the morning (or green tea when I am feeling extra motivated to be healthy), several water bottles a day (don't worry, I refill the same camelbak over and over), and a drink at lunch (not alcoholic of course). Let's just say I have to use the restroom several times a day.

Not that there is anything WRONG with that... or that I am going to get fired for "frequent bathroom usage", but I have to walk by the partner's offices on my way to the restroom. Yes, I look like a slacker. No, I don't really think they keep track of my frequent restroom trips - but still.

Here's the trick. If your office has more than one hallway, use them both. Take turns choosing which hallway to walk down. Two bathrooms? use both and switch up which way you walk each time. We tend to be creatures of habit and frequent the same places over and over (human nature). If you can add some variety to your life, you can drink your 8 glasses guilt-free.

Same trick would apply to leaving early. Trying to sneak out 10 minutes early two days in a row? Maybe you should use the stairs located the opposite direction one of those days. (hey, its healthier for you too!)

Not everyone has the same "issue" as me. But really the greater lesson is to think about what you do over and over as a routine and try to change it up. You may become more efficient and productive (or at least appear that way).

1 comment:

  1. Great advice Mal!! I definitely visit the bathroom quite often but lucky for me I'm the only one on my floor! I can't wait to see you Friday!!

    ReplyDelete