11/27/10

The Backseat Backup Purse

How do you stay savvy and on the go and constantly prepared? The backseat backup purse. Simple concept, but it has saved me several times.

Basically, I keep a plain black purse in the backseat of my car at all times. (under the seat of course so that no one is tempted to break into my car, important key.) It was probably a purse that I had back in highschool- nothing fancy or oversized or trendy in any sort of the word. Just a simple black purse.

To be honest, I am not sure when I started doing this but it is absolutely essential for the modern girl. I don't carry a purse with me to work (my laptop bag is quite enough), so the purse comes in handy when I want to run a quick errand after work but don't want to drag my entire laptop bag in to Target. Spontaneous happy hour after work? No problem! I take my wallet, cell phone, keys, and maybe some lipgloss into the bar and leave my clunky "work stuff" out of my social life.

Pre-"Backseat Backup Purse" days, I used to take in my cellphone, wallet, and keys in my hand. I then had to lay them on the table and risk a drink spilling over my precious cellphone or leaving my wallet at the table. It also adds clutter to an already busy table. Having a purse lets you walk around, socialize, and yet not break your shoulder carrying around a computer.

I might not have sold you on the concept, but throw and old, simple purse in the back of your car and see how many occasions you end up using it.

1 comment:

  1. This is definitely a must!! I have definitely been that girl with 5 clunky things on the table.......Not good!

    ReplyDelete