10/29/10

True Confessions from a Social Drinker (at work)

No, I am not talking about sipping wine while sitting in the office. I am talking more about water, coffee, tea, and hot chocolate.

Here's how it works.  I am completely brain fried and take the opportunity to go with other people on my team to the break room to refill water bottles. Sure I fill up my water bottle, but I also have an excuse to stretch my legs and socialize. Or I get a message from a friend down the hall to meet in the breakroom to get coffee to talk, vent, or gossip about our upcoming weekend.

That whole "water cooler conversation" at work is definitely real and not just on TV.

I have always been a big water drinker, but I find myself literally chugging my glass so that I have an excuse to go to the kitchen and refill it with my new work friends. Maybe I am alone in this, but it is time I come clean. If any of you have become Social Drinkers at work, you are not alone.

4 comments:

  1. Heh - I must like work too much because I don't do this. I actually try to dodge the water cooler because I get trapped there a lot by people I don't want to talk to. :) But when there are people there that I DO want to gossip with, we sure do spend a lot of time there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mal- I totally agree!! We have 3:30 PM "tea time" haha! We also use the phrase "want to go get water" which more times than not means "I really really need to vent, please help!!" :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL Mal you crack me up!!! I definitely do this too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually try to avoid the kitchen/lunchroom when others are there...except for a very few number of colleagues I enjoy talking to! Most of us eat at our desks actually, a few usually go out to eat.

    ReplyDelete