10/25/10

Who cares about diamonds? Wedges are a girl's best friend!

I don't think I realized how much you actually have to walk to work. You have to walk to go to get a printout, make a copy, use the restroom, or talk to a manager (or a friend...). Most of my heels start to hurt my feet about the time that I've walked from the parkinglot to the office.

Wedges on the otherhand? A gift from heaven.

How so? you get all of the benefits of heels without the "complications". I like the extra height and it keeps my work pants from touching the floor. Everyone's legs and butt look better with that extra heel, and I can stand to wear them all day at work. Why are they so great? Wedges distribute the weight to all parts of the foot instead of just the toes. It is better for your feet and for your balance. Heels can be bad for your hips due to the uneven weight distribution. Heels also sink in grass or fall in the crack of cobble stone. Because of wedges large base you are able to ease over these trouble areas without a second though. (Not that there is alot of grass if the office, but you would be surprised how many times I have had to walk in grass or those little airvents- city grates- in the road while walking to lunch) Wedges rub less than heels so you have a less chance of callus. Wedges last longer than heels because the heel wont break and they tend to get less scratched up.

Go ahead. Buy yourself a pair of wedges. You wont regret it and you can think of it as a financial investment since you wont have to pay for a hip replacement, twisted ankle, extra pair of flats to walk in, and the embarrassment of tripping at work.

6 comments:

  1. This post Is awesome (and so true). I got my heel stuck in the drain the other day walking to lunch with my manager... Embarassing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a good post. Actually I think that everything written is half true because women love diamonds more than wedges. That's base on a study done in New York.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I guess Diamonds are too. But wedges are pretty dang close! I have been fantasying about finding the perfect pair of wedges, and below are some of my favorites I have found on my quest. These come from a slew of retailers and in a wide rang of price ranges, including Topshop, Net-A-Porter, Nasty Gal, ASOS and Acne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you'll probably think about it, yes they really are a girl's best friend. But who wouldn't want a diamond, right?
    omega watches

    ReplyDelete
  5. I should say that I like wedges but I love diamonds. Diamonds are so precious and I can't take my eyes out of my jewelries with diamonds. I always wear them whenever I attend a special event.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of putting gold on the surfaces of the cross.

    ReplyDelete