2/6/11

The Rotating Shirt System: Maybe boys are actually on to something

I am sure you have all heard about this system- the guys in my office talk about it all the time. They have all of their shirts lined up in their closet and then they simply go down the row and pick the next shirt "in line". So simple, yet so genius.

Is it possible for girls to implement this system? I do not think that boys are always right (especially not with fashion), but they really could be on to something here:

How much time do we waste everyday trying to "pickout our clothes"?
1. I  start with "what I feel like wearing", which always tends to be the same three things (which I sadly can't wear everyday).
2. Am I having a fat day or a skinny day? This causes way to much internal reflection for 8am anyways.
3. Did I wear that color yesterday? Or three times this week already?
4. Do I have shoes to wear with this? (Is there anyway I can pull together yet another outfit that I can wear by red heels with?)
5. Do I have jewlery?
6. Can I find an undershirt tank top/matching pants/stylish belt, etc?

If I could come up with 15 outfits (that I probably already have in my closet, but get pushed to the back because "I never feel like wearing blue"), I could have a different outfit every day without even thinking about when I wore that sweater last. Could this work?

I shared this theory with one of the guys from work (Richard) who is on this "rotating system". He explained that it would work even better if he washed his clothes after every use. (Ew. Mental note to self, try not to sit next to Richard on his second or third round).  Ladies- who is in for trying the rotating shirt system and enjoying an extra 10 minutes of sleep a night? Guys- please try to wash your clothes more often.

2 comments:

  1. No male in the world washes dress shirts after every use--that's what undershirts are for. They are a buffer between the body and the dress shirt to preserve dress shirt cleanliness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I spend entirely way too much time in front of my closet, dressing a towel toga, shifting my weight from on foot to the other. Maybe I'll employ a rotating shirt system, too.

    ReplyDelete