3/22/11

Tax Tuesday: Show me the money!

Note: If you owe money to the IRS, you can stop reading now. This post will only make you sad. (and no one wants to be sad)

So you have gathered the paperwork, picked a method to file, filed... and now you are checking your bank account and mail everyday for the increase in your financial status.

If you efiled (as I encouraged you to do!), you should get your refund in 75 hours. Don't wait on your computer clicking refresh every 10 seconds.. it is the IRS afterall, and they this rough estimate can vary based on how many returns came in at once.

If you filed a paper return? It should take 3-4 weeks. (what!? but im used to getting paid every 2 weeks.... welp, should have efiled)

Curious just where you stand? (of course you are! who DOESN'T want their money?) Well, the IRS was sick of phone calls from impatient taxpayers (or should I say, taxreceivers?) so they created a website that lets you check your status! Wheres My Refund? All you need is (1) your social security number (2) your filing status (3) and your refund amount.

Happy waiting...

3 comments:

  1. The state of NY decided to half my refund because they thought i was a full year resident.

    womp womp... :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I filed, and go my return, weeks ago. :D Yay e-file!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lululemon is calling my tax returns name!!! Sshhhh don't tell Eric! ;)

    ReplyDelete